Saturday 30 April 2011

Getting techo on the ride...

The view at the dashboard on the bike looks like this.When the ride gets underway, my postings will provide you with what I hope will be some interesting daily ride data as well. Chris Gollins and I are both using these very smart Garmin Edge 500 HRM cycling computers. Lith-Ion powered, GPS based, wireless, heart rate monitoring, accurate and that provide us with a huge menu of valuable data and readings while 'on the fly' each day and at the end of each days ride. Such things as speed, heart rate, distance ridden, ride time, cadence (pedalling speed eg: how many pedal revolutions per minute) clock, calories burned, fastest speed, average ride speed, current temp, altitude climbed in metres... and on and on it goes. In fact the screen above is one of three avail to view at any time. All data including the days ride map is downloadable each day to my PC. Pretty cool ! What actually makes these very valuable and meaningful is one can 'ride to the computer' in that I can ensure for example I closely follow my heart rate each day so to not 'overdo it' and to know exactly how far to go each day or how far to the top of the climb etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment