Friday 13 May 2011

Travel days. Melbourne to Spain.















Three flights - twenty three hours flying and a lack of sleep can do funny things to people. In my case on the Dubai- Madrid leg - I got seriously into (and enjoyed) a movie I never thought I'd would watch- ever....'Justin Bieber - Never say never'. Sad I know. After meeting up at Melb airport with Chris, John, Andy, Ian and Nigel who came over on the Emirates flight from Auckland, we duly headed north up the globe to Alicante via Dubai and Madrid. We were impressed with Dubai airport and how big an airline Emirates is. Planes lined up at gates and ready to take off...all almost as far as the eye can see. Nothing eventful happened on the flights apart from (I would guess five year old) Indian girl sitting next to me from Melb to Dubai who found my arm a very comfortable place to lean against while sleeping for about four hours. And we flew north of Libyan mainland for some reason... Anyway we are here finally safe and sound...with all our bags and bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment